Celestial Focus Change Nerfs Balance PvP A Bit

In the latest PTR patch notes for patch 3.08, balance druids got the news that their talent Celestial Focus will no longer work with Starfall. As always you can see the latest PTR patch notes here.


I play a balance druid right now but only to get to 80 faster then I'll be switching to Restoration. But I do know that that the stuns this talent brings can be pretty useful in PvP, especially with Starfall since you have so many stars amounting to potential stuns. I haven't done any PvP on my druid and I don't really intend to so I haven't tried it but looking around in the forums and asking friends confirmed that it is a technique that balance druids use. I'd use it myself if I did any PvP.


But with the change coming in the next patch, not only is this technique no longer possible with Starfall but some people have even questioned Starfall's viability as a 51 point talent. Starfall's alleged horrible damage output and the fact that it's on a 3 minute timer has it in the running in worst 51 talent point debates. Personally I still find it a bit useful especially when I'm trying to kill a lot of targets fast when I'm soloing.


What do you think about this change?