New (?) Drain Animations

drain-animation.jpg


OMG New Drain Animations! Or is it actually old? I don't really know...


This is something I just noticed earlier when I was playing my warlock. It's possible I never noticed it until today because I haven't really been playing my warlock much. For some of you, this might not really be very new since I've seen videos of this as early as September from the beta and I've also read that it might have been implemented when Patch 3.02 came out. As for me, I never noticed it until today and I'm very fascinated by it since it looks awesome!


Instead of looking like a colored lasso connecting drainer to drainee, it actually looks like something could be getting drained there! The new twisting animation makes it look more classy and believable Drain Soul, Drain Mana, Drain Life or Health Funnel share this cool new animation with the appropriate color of course. Pardon me for being excited about this just now.


Below is a video of the animations in action.